Tuesday, March 2, 2010





Our featured artist for the month of March is the lovely Baily Belle. Her creations come from her heart and imagination.

Q.) How long have you been creating and what really got you into it?

A.) Well I have been creating since I was a young girl. I often think back to when I had a studio set up for myself atop an old dresser in my parents basement. I would work there with a hot glue gun, beads and earring posts; along with puffy paints and anything sparkly! That was many years ago and since having my own beautiful babies and being lucky enough to stay home with them I have returned to my jewelry making hobby. Thankfully, I have progressed from glue guns and puffy paint!
Q.) How would you tell someone off the street what it is you do?

A.) I am a jewelry designer, photographer and crafter; which means I dabble in just about everything! I love to work with copper and sterling silver and will be adding 14k gold pieces in the future.




Q.)How do you feel when you are creating a piece?

A.) Ha! That depends on how well the piece is going. Everything from joy to pure frustration can run through my mind during the creative process. In the end I am thrilled with most of the things I make.

Q.) Where do you draw your inspiration from?

A.) My inspiration comes mainly from nature and life in general. I'm an Aquarius and love the ocean so naturally shades of purple, turquoise and green are my favorites!


Q.) Do you ever want to try something but don't know how? If so what is it?

A.) Yes, I recently received a tumbler and soldering tools for Christmas and I am still waiting to use them! I would also love to start wax casting my rings.

Q.) Is there any one thing you love to create?

A.) I have the most fun with custom pieces and those that allow me to have creative freedom.

Q.) How do you wish to be remembered.

A.) That's a tough one! As my 97 year old grandfather always says, "Everything in moderation!" I am a loving person with a very passionate soul. Living life to its fullest and being with my family are two of the most important things to me. If we are talking about my funeral (a morbid thought to some but a celebration of life to me) I want dancing and fireworks! Ha Ha. Seriously, celebrate life and we'll meet again.

Everyone can see more of BailyBelle on etsy or follow her tweets on twitter

It's been wonderful getting to know a little more about BailyBelle and I must say she has been an inspiration to us. We look forward to seeing her new creations in the future.

4 comments:

  1. The little apple necklace is so cute.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for a wonderful feature on your lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great feature on a wonderful gal! Loved reading and learning more about BailyBelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful feature! love your jewelry and photography too! :)

    ReplyDelete

thehippiecouple's Fan Box

Plurk